The Precor AMT 100i is a commercial-quality cardio and muscle-toning trainer that adapts to your movements and speed without you even having to push a button. There are no preset speeds or programs. This is as close to a freestyle workout as you can get with an indoor trainer.
Important Capabilities and Dimensions
The Precor AMT 100i has a 0 to 27-inch stride length for smooth stable motion. The zero stride length is for climber motion. It has four different programs including manual, interval, heart rate control and a fat burner program. It comes with a handheld heart rate monitor. It is compatible with wireless monitors.
The pedal dimensions are 14.5 x 7.5. The maximum workout time is 240 minutes. The maximum user weight is 350 pounds. It comes with 20 graded resistance levels. This is a medium-range machine with dimension of 74 inches long, 28 inches wide and 69 inches tall. It weighs 445 pounds.
Who Is the Precor AMT 100i Designed For?
This machine is designed for those who are serious about their workouts. Although it is for in-home use, it could just as easily be used in a gym. It is sturdy and dependable so it can be used by an exercise fanatic and give extremely satisfactory results. It will challenge you to build your strength and endurance like no other home trainer.
The Precor AMT 100i comes with some amazing features that most home models do not offer. They include:
- Stride Dial – each time you work out, you will be able to understand how your muscles are responding to different motions.
- Adaptive Motion – this is the feature that moves with you and allows you the freedom to adjust your workout in whatever way you choose to. You can move freely and it follows your lead.
- Contra lateral arm movement so you move how you naturally would.
- Dual-plane resistance adds resistance to both horizontal and vertical planes to further improve your workout.
- Bio-feedback Center uses SmartRate technology to give you feedback on your heart rate and the calories you are burning.
- Tap Control helps you feel confident and safe with the machine’s operations.
- Accessory holders – water bottle holder, music holder and reading material stand make the experience a lot nicer.
- Integrated Entertainment – you can add an optional Cardio Theatre if you choose.
What Are People Saying?
“This machine is unique and should be in its own class of truly variable elliptical training. The stride can be anything you make it, from stepping to a full running gait to a pedaling stride. Very highly recommended.” – Jon Preston, Amazon.
“This machine rocks. My gym has 4 of these machines in addition to tons of other ellipticals, treadmills and bikes—and I use it exclusively.” – David Zielinski, Amazon.
You can see from some of the comments that commercial gyms use this trainer because their customers love it. If you are looking for the top of the line in exercise equipment, you can’t go wrong with the Precor AMT 100i. It is sturdy and durable and will last for a long time. This is not for lightweights.
It has a seven-year warranty on the frame, the electronics come with a five-year warranty, parts have a two-year warranty and labor has one year. Even though the price is a bit higher than many of the other elliptical trainers on the market, the Precor AMT 100i will be a great investment in the health and well-being of your entire family. It will be an asset in your home for a long time to come.